Light client support?

I’m interested in understanding how to build a lite client that can help us validate the state
of zksync’s rollup on another chain in a way that’s fast and efficient. This is the current approach to be able to build trust-less bridges between chains. We’ve been doing this so far at Composable Finance with NEAR, Cosmos and Polkadot.

We’re certainly looking at integrating rollups into our ecosystem, and ZkSync is certainly a great candidate. However, I don’t see any reference/docs on this topic. I’d appreciate if someone can give me a pointer, or explain what’s the current state of affairs with regards to this topic.

3 Likes

I have also been thinking of similar ideas lately. It’d be nice if zkSync can be a general solution for all the EVM compatible chains.

3 Likes

I’ll see if I can get more information for you for where this lies on the roadmap. If you would like to discuss this further you can DM me on Discord or email us at hello@matter-labs.io to get in contact with us.

1 Like

Same goes for you as well, if you would like to discuss this further you can DM me on Discord or email us at hello@matter-labs.io to get in contact with us.

1 Like

The block header is under development, that’s why we can’t recommend starting working on the light client validation now. However, it is possible to use L2 → L1 communication to send information from the zkSync to Ethereum, where any other L1 contracts can read it. More details can be found on L2 -> L1 communication | zkSync: secure, scalable crypto payments
cc @Smi

Sent you an email! Looking forward to get in touch

1 Like